- No Stairs
- Linens and towels provided
- Beach towels provided
- Some beach gear: beach chairs and small cooler.
- Kayaks upon request.
- Hair dryer, iron & ironing board provided
- Abundant off street parking. This is a great perk for guests as many rentals on St. John are not equipped with off street parking.
- Guests provide their own meals
- A note on mobile phone and internet service. Liberty Latin America, formerly ATT, provides phone and internet service to the island. The new communication towers are visible across the valley on Mt. Bordeaux, thus phone and internet service is generally stable. You may want to turn off roaming when you travel on the island, especially on the north shore, because mobiles will often be captured by the British Virgin Islands services – Flow, Digicel or CC Boatphone.
- The cottage catches wonderful breezes from the east. There are abundant screened windows and screened slider doors. There are also ceiling fans. Depending on the season, the mornings can be brisk.
- Five Laughing Turtles is a non-smoking rental.
- Adult guests only.
- No pets allowed.
- Our kitchen is fully stocked with the cooking necessities for making home cooked meals
- Cooking pots & pans, dishes, glassware, and utensils
- Refrigerator with ice maker
- Coffee maker
- Pantry stock: It may be that there are some non-perishables in the pantry so that you will not need to start from zero when you shop for your stay. Please use what you need and then leave something valuable for future guests. During the pandemic, we have limited this practice.
- If you need Sarah, our house manager, to do some first night and first breakfast shopping for you, we can put you in contact with her so that you can discuss your needs.
- Private deck with chairs overlooks valley and Coral Bay.
Manager Almost on Site
You get the best of both worlds. Although our house manager is not on site, she is very close at hand. She values her privacy and respects yours. You will see her only when you need her.
About Island Living
- Water conservation is a way of life on St. John! All our water resources come from captured rainwater that is stored in our cistern. Some houses have filtered water and others do not. We have filtered water.
- “In the land of sun and fun, we rarely flush for number one.
- “We put our toilet paper in the trash can instead of filling up our small septic tanks. This is important to keep the plumber away during your stay.
- All trash is carried by individual households to the dumpsters located all over the island. The nearest dumpsters are located across from Love City Market in Coral Bay. There is also one on Centerline Road toward Cruz Bay just past Colombo’s Smoothie Truck.
- There is no gas station in Coral Bay. Currently there are two gas stations are in Cruz Bay. The closest gas station is at midway on Centerline Road right before Cruz Bay.
- There are lots of free range critters on the island including donkeys, iguanas, goats, chickens, cows, pigs, deer, land crabs, water fowl and the illusive mongoose. You can expect all of them to be on the road all the time, so drive with caution!